Central Africa Baptist Seminary desires to equip African leaders seeking advanced theological training by providing a Seminary level degree. Our Seminary offers a Master of Arts in Ministry (MA) degree through a partnership with Piedmont International University, of Winston-Salem, NC, USA. www.piedmontu.edu
Classes are delivered once a week in twelve-week segments on CABU’s campus, with a total of ten classes in the program. Students pursuing a Masters can complete the degree in as little as 1.5 years.
Master of Arts in Ministry
Purpose: Anyone who desires ministry training after completing a Bachelors degree.
Duration: The program consists of 10 classes offered in 12-week segments. The class meets once a week at CABU. A full-time student (2 courses per term) can complete this program in 1.5 years.
Qualification: Bachelors Degree in any field from a recognized or accredited university or institution.
Classes are offered approximately every three to four months in January, April, and August. However, the specific times do vary from year to year. Students may join the program during any one of these times as long as the class has availability.
Students must register for Masters classes a minimum of one month before the start of class. New students to the program must make a nonrefundable deposit of $50 per course by the application deadline in order to be registered for the class.
Application Deadline Course Timeframe
September – 1 January
January – 1 April/May
May – 1 September
List of Classes
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Introduction to Hermeneutics
- Survey of Theology
- Research: Writing and Communication
- Teaching the Bible
- Leadership and Vision Casting
An applicant must complete the CABU application and have a Bachelors degree from a recognized university or institution. Any specific questions about which degrees qualify for the Masters program should be directed to the Director of Admissions. Students who receive a Bachelor in Bible degree from CABU may apply to pursue a Masters degree if they so choose.
Applicants interested in the Masters program should provide the following:
- CABU Application
- K50 non-refundable processing fee
- Testimony of Salvation in Jesus Christ (written)
- Official Transcript of Undergraduate (Bachelors) Degree
- Piedmont Doctrinal Statement (signed copy)
- Copy of NRC or passport
- Student Medical Form
- Confidential Medical Form (Dorm students only)
- Study Permit Application(International Students only)
Cost of the Programme:
The Masters degree program tuition costs are $200 per class. The per-class tuition amount must be paid in full prior to the beginning of each class.
- Application Fee $50
- Graduation Fee $225
- Room and Board *$1,055 (dorm students only)
- Study Permit Fees $175
* Because this figure is based in Kwacha, the US Dollar amount for Room and Board may fluctuate based on the current exchange rate.
For more information, please contact the CABU office at +26 097 741 5011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.