Central Africa Baptist Seminary desires to equip African leaders seeking advanced theological training by providing a seminary-level degree. Our Seminary offers a Master of Arts in Ministry (MA) degree through a partnership with Piedmont International University of Winston-Salem, NC, USA. www.piedmontu.edu
Master of Arts in Ministry
Purpose: Anyone who desires ministry training after completing a bachelor’s degree.
Duration: The program consists of ten courses offered in twelve-week segments. A class meets once a week at CABU. A full-time student (two courses per term) can complete this program in one and a half years.
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized or accredited university or institution.
Classes are offered approximately every three to four months in January, April, and August. However, the specific times may vary from year to year. Students may join the program at the beginning of any of the courses as long as the class has availability.
Students must register for master’s classes a minimum of one month before the start of class. New students to the program must make a non-refundable deposit of $50 (USD) per course by the application deadline in order to be registered for the class.
Timeframe for Application Submissions
January Course Enrollment: September through November
April/May Course Enrollment: January through March
August Course Enrollment: May through June
List of Classes
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Introduction to Hermeneutics
- Survey of Theology
- Research: Writing and Communication
- Teaching the Bible
- Leadership and Vision Casting
An applicant must complete the CABU application and have earned a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution. Specific questions about which degrees qualify for the master’s program should be directed to the Director of Admissions. Students who receive a bachelor’s degree in Bible from CABU may apply to pursue a master’s degree, if they so choose.
Applicants interested in the master’s program should provide the following:
- CABU Application
- K50 non-refundable processing fee
- Testimony of salvation in Jesus Christ (written)
- Official Transcript of undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree
- Piedmont Doctrinal Statement (signed copy)
- Copy of NRC or passport
- Student Medical Form
- Confidential Medical Form (dorm students only)
- Study Permit Application (international students only)
Cost of the Programme
The master’s degree program tuition costs are $200 (USD) per class. This amount must be paid in full prior to the beginning of each class.
- Application fee: $50
- Graduation fee: $225
- Room and board: K1,055 (dorm students only)*
- Study permit fee: $175 (international students only)
* Because this figure is based in Kwacha, the US dollar amount for room and board may fluctuate based on the current exchange rate.
For more information, please contact the CABU office at +26 097 741 5011 or email [email protected].