This program trains local pastors and church leaders who are unable to come to campus due to currently serving in local ministry they cannot leave for extended time, a lack of finances, or academic qualifications that will not allow them to attend university.
HISTORY OF TSE
According to the 2015 CABC Annual Report, this program was called the External Block Class Program. Faculty members Kevin Sherman and Jeremy Pittsley were its original architects. President Philip Hunt then delegated the supervision of this effort to Jamie Smith.
Philip Hunt traveled to Juba with Brother Emmanuel Juma to conduct a graduation ceremony for participants who took a one-year equivalent Bible program.
In 2016, the program became Theological Studies by Extension (TSE) under the leadership of CABU Missions Director, Jamie Smith. Bill Rillo was recruited to take over the next phase of development of the TSE program. Under Bill Rillo, the curriculum was audited and edited to be better suited for training pastors across Africa. In December 2020, Mr. Collins Mubanga was appointed the Director of TSE training for CABU.
CABU is dedicated to promoting healthy biblical Christians and churches across Africa.
CABU seeks to equip pastors with skills and training that will enable them to be effective Bible preachers and teachers. Attendees receive face-to-face instruction modules, materials, and theological and ministry resources that will continue to assist them in their ministry.
TSE MODULES CURRENTLY OFFERED THROUGH CABU
TSE – Beginner (4 CORE)
- Hermeneutics: Principles of Bible Interpretation – CORE
- Biblical Text: Old Testament Survey – CORE
- Biblical Text: New Testament Survey – CORE
- Basic Theology: Apostolic Doctrines
- Basic Theology: Essential Christian Doctrines – CORE
TSE – Intermediate (3 CORE)
- Biblical Text: Interpretation of Gospels and Acts – CORE
- Biblical Text: Interpretation of Romans
- Systematic Theology: Doctrines 1 (Bible and Church) – CORE
- Systematic Theology: Doctrines 2 (God, Christ, Holy Spirit)
- Pastoral Leading and Feeding: Counseling – CORE
- Worldview: Evangelism, Discipleship, and Missions
TSE- Advanced (2 CORE)
- Homiletics – CORE
- Biblical Text: Interpretation of 1 Corinthians
- Systematic Theology: Doctrines 3 (Man, Sin, Salvation) – CORE
- Systematic Theology: Doctrines 4 (Angels and End Times)
- Pastoral Leading & Feeding: Church Leadership
- Pastoral Leading & Feeding: Finances (Personal and Ministry)
- Worldview: Christianity, Islam, and African Traditional Religion
For more information or to schedule training in your area, contact the TSE Director, Mr. Liwoyo Mubanga. +260 97 9159869 or email [email protected].